You have a water leak. Sunkel Plumbing is here to help. We provide 24/7 emergency service for water leaks in Bloomington, IL, and the surrounding area. Our experienced plumbers will quickly diagnose and repair the problem, so you can get back to your life.
What are the risks of water leaking from pipes?
There are many risks associated with water leaking from pipes. Some of these risks include:
– Deterioration of the building structure
– Water damage to floors, walls, and furniture.
– Decay to personal property such as clothing or books
– Potential problems for those with a weakened immune system or existing medical conditions.
– Mold or mildew growth
– Fire hazard if water leaks are left unattended, especially in the kitchen
What are the telltale signs of a water leak?
There are several common signs that indicate your home may have water leaks in your Bloomington, IL residence. They include:
- Moisture on floors, walls, or ceilings: This can be resulting from a number of sources besides a leaky pipe. If you notice moisture on the floors, walls, or ceilings, check your crawl space and/or basement to make sure there are no visible signs of dampness or water pooling on the surfaces.
- A musty smell: If your home begins to smell musty it’s an indication that there is excess moisture in the air, which can result from a water leak.
- Frequent utility bills: If you begin to receive higher than usual utility bills (water, gas, electric) without explanation or your meter readings are more frequent or spinning faster than normal it could be an indication of a water leak.
- Beeping sounds from your utility meter: If you hear frequent beeping noises coming from your water meter this could be an indication of a problem with the device or that it’s malfunctioning.
- Water stains on ceilings and/or moldy surfaces: If you notice water stains on the ceiling, walls, or other surfaces in your home it can be a result of a water leak.
If you have a water leak in your Bloomington, IL house, don’t wait to contact us. We respond quickly to all service calls and will be there as soon as possible to diagnose the problem and begin the repair process. If you have any questions about our services, please feel free to call us at 309-485-4892.