Water heaters are an essential part of modern living, providing hot water for showers, dishes and laundry. But if they’re not properly maintained, they can be costly and inefficient. That’s why it’s important to stay on top of your water heater maintenance with regular servicing and these expert tips. Here are a few ideas you can implement right away to get the most out of your water heater in Bloomington, IL:
- Adjust The Temperature: A water heater that is set too high won’t just use more energy – it could also become a safety hazard by scalding users. The U.S. Department of Energy recommends setting your water heater to 120°F or below to save energy while still providing enough hot water for everyday use.
- Insulate Your Tank: An insulated tank can help keep your water heated more efficiently, reducing the amount of energy it takes to maintain a set temperature and helping you save money on your utility bills. Consider investing in an inexpensive foam insulation kit for added savings.
- Repair Leaks Promptly: If you notice any signs of leaking from your tank or tankless water heater in Bloomington, IL, be sure to repair them quickly before any major damage is done to the appliance or its components. This could include cracked pipes, valves, and other parts that may need replacing to restore efficiency and safety.
- Flush The Tank Regularly: Sediment can build up in the tank over time, decreasing its efficiency and shortening its life span. To minimize this buildup, you should flush the tank at least once a year to help remove any sediment that has built up.
- Check Vents & Pipes: Ensure that all vents and pipes connected to your water heater are free from blockages or debris that could impede their performance or cause damage to other parts of the system. This includes checking for signs of rust or corrosion, as these may indicate weak points in the structure which need replacing before they break down completely.
By following these simple tips, you’ll be able to get the most out of your water heater and save money on energy costs. If you need any additional help with maintenance or repairs, reach out to a professional plumber in Bloomington, IL for assistance. They can make sure that everything is running properly and safely so that you can enjoy hot water when you need it most.
Sunkel Plumbing is a trusted plumbing service in Bloomington, IL. Get in touch with us today at 309-829-5320 to learn more about their services or to know water heater replacement costs in Normal or Bloomington, IL.