Drain cleaning is a necessary service to keep your home functioning properly. However, how often you need it depends on many factors. In this blog post, we will discuss the different reasons why you might need drain cleaning services in Bloomington, IL, and how often each one occurs. We will also provide some tips for avoiding clogs in the future.
Reasons you might need drain cleaning:
- If you notice water backup in your sink, tub, or shower when you turn on the faucet, this is a sure sign that you need to have your drains cleaned. This is usually caused by a blockage in the main sewer line.
- If your toilets are frequently backing up, this is another sign that your drains need to be cleaned. This is usually caused by a blockage in the main sewer line.
- If you have slow draining sinks, tubs, or showers, this is another sign that your drains need to be cleaned. This can be caused by a number of things, including grease build-up, hair, soap scum, and food.
- If you notice bad odors coming from your drains, this is another sign that they need to be cleaned. This is usually caused by a build-up of grease, hair, and soap scum.
- If you see Water Stains on Your Ceiling, this is a sign that you have a leak in your plumbing. This could be caused by a number of things, including a clog in your drain.
How often should drain cleaning be done?
The frequency of drain cleaning depends on the severity of the problem. If you have a minor clog, you may be able to clear it yourself with a plunger or drain snake. However, if you have a major clog, you will need to call a professional. Drain cleaning should be done every 1-2 years for preventative maintenance. If you are doing sewer line replacement in Bloomington, IL, you will need to have your drains cleaned before the new sewer lines are installed.
Tips for avoiding clogged drains
- Invest in a drain strainer or hair catcher for your shower, tub, and sink drains. This will help to catch hair and other debris before it goes down the drain.
- Don’t pour grease, oil, or fat down the drain. These can solidify and clog your pipes.
- Don’t put coffee grounds, eggshells, or other food waste down the garbage disposal. These can also clog your pipes.
- Periodically pour hot water down your drains to help break up any grease or soap build-up.
- Run the dishwasher and washing machine regularly to prevent a build-up of grease and soap.
If you have any questions about drain cleaning, or if you want to enquire about toilet installation costs in Normal, IL, please contact Sunkel Plumbing today at 309-829-5320. We would be happy to help you.