Water softeners are a necessary appliance in many homes throughout Normal, IL. There are various types of water softeners on the Normal, IL market, and it can be tough to decide which one is right for your needs. In this blog post, we will discuss the different kinds of water softeners and features of water softeners. We hope this information helps you make an informed decision when purchasing a water softener for your home.
Types of Water Softeners
- Ion Exchange Water Softeners:
These types of water softeners function by switching ions in the water with different ions. This process removes minerals that cause hardness, such as calcium and magnesium. Ion exchange water softeners are typically low maintenance and can be used for a long time.
- Salt-Free Water Softeners:
As the name suggests, salt-free water softeners do not use salt to remove minerals. Instead, they use a process called chelation. This process works by binding the minerals together so that they can be filtered out of the water. Salt-free water softeners are a good option for those who are on a low-sodium diet.
- Dual Tank Water Softeners:
Dual tank water softeners have two tanks that work together to remove hardness from the water. The first tank filters out the minerals, and the second tank stores the filtered water. This type of water softener is typically more expensive than other types, but it is also more efficient.
Features Of Water Softeners:
- Automatic regeneration: This feature regenerates the water softener on a regular basis, so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Digital display: A digital display makes it easy to see the settings and status of the water softener.
- Salt level indicator: This feature lets you know when it’s time to add salt to the water softener.
- Water usage indicator: This feature helps you monitor your water usage and can be used to help conserve water.
- Filter life indicator: This feature tells you when it’s time to replace the filter in the water softener.
If you are searching for a water softener or water filtration company near me in Normal, IL, contact Sunkel Plumbing today. We would be happy to discuss your needs and help you find the perfect water softener for your home. We also provide plumbing services 24 hours in Bloomington, IL, and surrounding areas. Contact us today at 309-829-5320!