When it comes to water filtration, there are many different types of systems to choose from. If you’re not sure which type of system is right for your Normal, IL home, a whole-house water filtration system may be the best option. To help you decide if a whole-house water filter is right for you, this buyer’s guide will outline the benefits and drawbacks of these systems. So whether you’re looking to buy a new system or just do some research, read on for all the info you need.
What Is A Whole-House Water Filtration System?
A whole-house water filtration system is a type of water purification system that is installed on your home’s main water line. This means that all the water that comes into your home, from the tap or shower, will be filtered. These systems are usually more comprehensive than other types of filters, such as those that attach to your faucet and can remove a wider range of contaminants.
Benefits of a Whole-House Water Filtration System
There are several benefits to using a whole-house water filtration system in your Normal, IL house.
- These systems can remove a wide range of contaminants from your water, including chlorine, lead, and other harmful chemicals.
- They can also improve the taste and smell of your water.
- whole-house water filtration systems are usually very easy to maintain, as you only need to change the filter every few months (depending on the type of system you have).
- These systems are also relatively affordable, especially when compared to other types of water purification systems.
Drawbacks of a Whole-House Water Filtration System
There are a few potential drawbacks to using a whole-house water filtration system.
- Some models can be bulky and take up a lot of space.
- These systems can be more expensive than other types of water filters, such as those that attach to your faucet.
- Some whole-house water filtration systems require professional installation, which can add to the overall cost.
- These systems may not remove all contaminants from your water, depending on the type of system you have.
Who Needs a Whole-House Water Filtration System?
A whole-house water filtration system is a good option for anyone who wants to improve the quality of their water. These systems are especially beneficial for those who want to remove harmful chemicals and contaminants from their water. If you live in an area with hard water, a whole-house water filtration system can also help to improve the taste and smell of your water.
If you’re interested in installing a whole-house water filtration system, you should get in touch with Sunkel Plumbing. We are one of the leading water filtration and water leak plumbers in Normal, IL. We can help you choose the right system for your home and provide professional installation services.
Contact us today at 309-829-5320 to schedule a consultation or to learn more about our other services like water softener services in Bloomington, IL, and surrounding areas.