Almost everyone enjoys the transition into warmer weather, everyone except allergy sufferers that is. However, the truth of the matter is that even Bloomington homeowners who don’t struggle with issues like allergies or asthma, the indoor air quality can be affected by warmer weather.
Are You Ready?
Knowing more about summer indoor air quality, and steps you can take to improve it will make a world of difference. Here are a few points to ponder:
- There is a common misconception that outdoor air is more polluted than indoor air. Truth be told, your indoor air can be anywhere from 2-100 times more contaminated. Make sure that you have a good air purification system in place to combat this.
- Airborne contaminants like pollen are at an all-time high during spring and summer. Check your weather stripping in order to make sure it is in good condition without leaks.
- If you really want to enhance the condition of the air, opt for a whole-house humidifier. However, work with an industry expert to set the right levels of humidity. Too much moisture can lead to issues like mold.
- Make it a point to change your air filter. Even if it doesn’t appear dirty there are plenty of contaminants that have collected on there that can trigger an allergy or asthma attack.
- Consider adding air purifying plants to the inside of your home. Plants like Boston ferns and spider plants have the capability to remove toxins from the air.
Need more help? Contact Sunkel Plumbing to find out more about methods to use, especially ones we can implement, that will improve your indoor air quality.
If you are looking for a Bloomington Indoor Air Quality Contractor, please call 309-829-5320 or complete our online request form.