There is often potential for severe thunderstorms, flash floods, and flooding in our area. After cyclone weather hits the desert southwest, it travels right toward us here in the Bloomington, IL. We also get the carryover storms from the Gulf area at times.
Our area also historically experiences above state average tornado activity and we get some of the deadliest tornadoes on record in the nation.
A lot of downpour comes from these and other storms. Flash Floods are the most dangerous as they can quickly soak the ground beyond its ability to absorb or re-route the water.
Sunkel Plumbing, located here in the Bloomington, IL area, installs and repairs sump pumps. Sump pumps are a great addition to your plan to keep the water from taking over your home during a flood. They help to protect you, your family, and your belongings.
Make $50 When You Replace Your Old Sump Pump!
If your sump pump needs replacement…At the time of this post we are offering a special that gives you $50 for your old sump pump when it is replaced.
If you don’t already have a sump pump, check out our specials page on our website for general coupons or special offers on your sump pump installation, or just give us a call.
Call Sunkel Plumbing to Maintain Your Sump Pump
The maintenance and repair of your sump pump is of vital importance because you never know when you are going to need it. We can perform the following maintenance or make any repair as necessary.
- Clean out the sump pit. This should be done regularly whether or not the pump is working correctly.
- Check the float. The float should rise with the water and triggers the pump to start, so it is also very important if the area is flooded.
- Clean the Impeller. Debris needs to be removed so it doesn’t jam the impeller upon use.
- Electricity check. You always want to make sure electricity is passing into the unit and that it is properly grounded.
- Test the check valve.
A sump pump can seem to be ready to operate smoothly, but unless tested and maintained, you cannot be assured that it will turn on or pump properly when it is so vital that it do so.
Sunkel Plumbing is Your Trusted Plumber for Sump Pump Repair and Maintenance
When you hire Sunkel Plumbing, you can be assured that…
- You will have an appointment, not just a “time-frame” arrival
- Everything is priced up front, no hidden charges or add-ons, no work performed without your prior approval
- There will be no mess left for you to clean up
- We hire only licensed, experienced, and professional technicians, and perform drug testing
- Our trucks are fully stocked with necessary tools
- We are full service and highly qualified
Sunkel Plumbing is locally owned and is a family business. We live and work in your area, and we care about our reputation. We are your local 24/7 plumbers!
Let us make a difference for you by maintaining and evaluating your sump pump. If there is a repair to be made, we can get it done BEFORE an emergency happens and your home is flooded and property damaged!