Having the proper setup for a hot water heater can mean the difference between having your endless hot showers or just having to get used to cold baths. Hot water heaters are an essential part of any home, providing comfort and convenience throughout the year. But when it comes time to know when you need a new one, how do you determine which is best for your household?
In this blog post, we’ll explore what signs may indicate that it’s time to upgrade your current hot water heater in Bloomington, IL so that you can continue enjoying optimal performance and cost efficiency with each use!
- Age – One of the most obvious indicators that it’s time to replace your hot water heater is age. Most models last anywhere between 8-12 years, so if yours is nearing the end of its life cycle, it may be time to say goodbye.
- Rust & Corrosion – Exposure to moisture and oxygen over time can cause rust and corrosion in a hot water heater, which can have serious effects on its performance. If you notice signs of rust or corrosion when inspecting your unit, you should consider replacing it as soon as possible.
- Leaking – Is there standing water around the base of your hot water heater? This could mean that your tank has developed a leak and will need to be replaced.
- Low Water Pressure – If you’re suddenly dealing with low water pressure while running your hot water, this could be a sign that your heater is failing and needs to be serviced or replaced.
- Odd Noises – If you hear strange noises coming from the tank whenever it’s in use, it may indicate an issue with the internal components of your hot water heater. Have a professional inspect the unit to determine if a replacement is necessary.
If any of the above applies to you, it’s best to contact an experienced technician or retailer in Bloomington, IL for advice on which new model will best suit your needs and budget. With the right electric or gas water heater in Bloomington, IL, you can continue enjoying efficient, cost-effective performance throughout the year!
At Sunkel Plumbing & Heating, we specialize in hot water heater installation and repair as well as tankless water heater maintenance in Normal, IL. Our experienced technicians are dedicated to providing our customers with the best service possible so that they can enjoy a comfortable home all year long. Contact us today at 309-829-5320 for more information or to request an appointment!