Have you ever looked inside your drains and shuddered at the sight of what’s lurking within? Without regular drain cleaning services, over time there can be quite a build-up in those pipes. We all know the importance of proper plumbing maintenance and professional drain cleaning services in Bloomington, IL.
But the reality is that nobody wants to think about what happens after water down our drains. To help ease your mind and raise awareness of potential issue builders-up, we’ve listed 5 common icky things that can accumulate in neglected drain pipes. Read on to find out more!
- Hair: Every time you shower or shampoo, tiny strands of hair make their way into your drains. As the pipes become more clogged, more hair accumulates, eventually forming a nasty blockage that will require drain cleaning services to clear.
- Oil and Grease: Cooking oils and greases can build up in your drains over time if they are not washed away with hot water after each use. The stickiness of these substances causes them to cling together and accumulate in the pipes, creating clogs that are difficult to unclog without professional help.
- Soap Scum and Residue: After washing dishes or clothes, soap residue can accumulate in the plumbing system over time as it is rinsed away. This residue can create a slippery film that eventually leads to clogs, which will require drain cleaning services to clear them out.
- Food Waste: From food scraps to coffee grounds and grease, all sorts of food waste can make its way into your drains. As the material builds up over time, it begins to form large clumps that are difficult to remove without professional intervention.
- Household Objects: Regardless of how careful you may be, small objects such as jewelry or toys can slip through the pipes and become lodged in place.These items need to be removed by drain cleaning services in order free any blockages they may have caused.
We hope that this article has helped you to become more aware of the potential build-up in your drains, and the need for regular drain cleaning services. As with most plumbing maintenance tasks, prevention is better than cure – so make sure that you keep on top of your drain cleaning needs and contact a professional as soon as possible if there’s an issue.
With the help of experienced professionals, you can ensure that clogs are avoided or quickly taken care of before any further damage is done. And remember: always keep an eye out for those pesky objects that may try to slip through your pipes!
At Sunkel Plumbing, we offer a range of drain cleaning services as well as sewer line replacement in Normal, IL to keep things flowing smoothly. Contact us today at 309-829-5320 for more information.