Clogged drains are a pain. Nobody likes dealing with them, and they always seem to happen at the most inopportune times. So, it’s no wonder that many people try to take matters into their own hands and clear the drain themselves. However, this is not a good idea. Here are 7 reasons why you should never try to clear a drain yourself:
1. You could damage your pipes: Are you aware of the location of your home’s clean-out valve? Do you know how to properly use a plumbing snake? If you’re unsure about either of these things, then you should leave drain clearing to the professionals. Attempting to clear a clog without the proper knowledge or tools can result in damage to your pipes, which will end up costing you more money in the long run.
2. You might not be able to reach the clog: Even if you have the proper tools, there’s no guarantee that you’ll be able to reach the clog. Pipes can be long and winding, and the clog might be located further down than you can reach. In this case, you’ll just end up pushing the clog further down the pipe, which will make it even harder to remove. When you schedule professional drain cleaning in Bloomington, IL, the technician will have no problem accessing and removing the clog.
3. You could end up making the clog worse: If you’re not careful, you could end up making the clog worse. This can happen if you use too much force when trying to clear the drain. Pushing too hard can cause the clog to break apart and become lodged further down the pipe.
4. Chemicals can be harmful to your pipes: Many people try to use chemical drain cleaners to clear clogged drains. However, these chemicals can be very harmful to your pipes. They can eat away at the material, which can cause leaks. In addition, they can be dangerous to use, as they emit harmful fumes.
5. You could end up injuring yourself: Trying to clear a clogged drain can be a messy and frustrating process. This can often lead to people losing their temper and injuring themselves. Plumbing snakes and other tools can be sharp, and it’s easy to cut yourself if you’re not careful.
6. It’s a dirty job: Let’s face it, dealing with a clogged drain is a dirty job. You’re going to be dealing with all sorts of nastiness, including hair, food scraps, and who knows what else. If you’re not prepared to get dirty, then you should leave this job to someone who is.
7. It’s a time-consuming job: Clearing a clogged drain can take a lot of time. If you’re not patient, then you’re likely to give up before the job is done.
You should just leave it to the professionals!
If you’re dealing with a clogged drain, the best course of action is to call a professional. They have the knowledge and experience to quickly and effectively clear the drain without damaging your pipes or injuring themselves. In addition, they have the proper tools to reach even the most stubborn clogs. So, save yourself time and hassle, and just call a pro.
Types of Drain Cleaning Services
Drain cleaning is a professional service that helps to keep your drains clear and free from clogs. To avoid your pipes from clogging and creating difficulties in your house, it’s critical to clean them on a regular basis. There are many different ways that professionals offer drain cleaning services in Bloomington, IL, and you can choose the one that best fits your needs.
1. Power washer: One way that professionals offer drain cleaning services is by using a power washer. This type of equipment is very powerful and can quickly remove any type of clog from your drains. This is a great option if you have a lot of drains in your home that need to be cleaned.
2. Mechanical snake: Another option that professionals use to offer drain cleaning services is by using a mechanical snake. This type of equipment is used to remove clogs that are located further down in your drains. This is a great option for those who have a lot of drains in their home that need to be cleaned.
3. Chemical cleaners: Professionals also use chemical cleaners to offer drain cleaning services. These chemicals are designed to break down any type of clog in your drains.
4. Hydro jetting: Hydro jetting is another option that professionals use to offer drain cleaning services. This type of equipment uses high-pressure water to remove any type of clog from your drains. This is a great option for those who have a lot of drains in their home that need to be cleaned.
No matter which type of equipment you choose, it is important to make sure that the company you hire is licensed and insured. This will protect you in case anything goes wrong while they are cleaning your drains. Make sure to ask for references from past customers so you can be sure that you are hiring a reputable company.
Sunkel Plumbing- The Best in Drain Cleaning in Bloomington, IL!
If you’re looking for a professional plumbing company to help clear your clogged drain in Bloomington, IL, look no further than Sunkel Plumbing. We have the experience and expertise to quickly and effectively clear any clog.
In addition, we use state-of-the-art equipment to ensure that the job is done right the first time. So, if you are in need of sewer cleaning in Bloomington, IL, do not hesitate to give us a call today at 309-829-5320!